A forum post by a supposed developer for Ubisoft Milan has posted a list of tantalizing details for Nintendo’s upcoming console. Chiefly among them is the console’s expected price and release date; the developer predicts the system to cost anywhere from $350 to $450, and to be released on or around November 23rd. The forum poster also released a smattering of rumored features and details, including the following:
- Wii U supports DirectX 11 and is already running Unreal Engine 4
- Wii U will support touch-screen controllers
- The console has 2GB or RAM, with 560MB dedicated to the OS
- Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin’s Creed 3, and Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft’s Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
- There are currently multiple versions of the console with developers
- Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 6770 chipset
- Assassin’s Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360
- Wii U will come with pre-installed software
- Crytek, EA and Valve are all working on Wii U
- Valve are working on a digital distribution platform and Portal ports
- Wii U will support achievements
- Wii U’s UI will be customizable
- The new button has some link to the Wii Vitality Sensor
- The trigger buttons won’t be analogue
With E3 coming up in just a couple of weeks, many of these rumors may be confirmed to be true. If so, the Wii U is shaping up to be one of the most advanced, innovative pieces of gaming hardware we’ve seen yet. Stay tuned to GamersXtreme.org from June 4-7 as we follow and report on all the latest developments with the Wii U as well as its competitors.
Have any comments or rumors of your own? Sound off below!